PARIS, France – French authorities are probing the death of a popular fashion blogger who was killed after a whipped cream dispenser exploded.
Rebecca Burger was a health, journey and trend fanatic with greater than 162,000 followers on Instagram. She was recognized for posting images on social media and sharing recommendations on meals and health. Burger additionally competed in magnificence competitions throughout the globe.
The BBC, citing French media, reported that Burger died over the weekend after a whipped cream dispenser exploded and hit her within the chest, inflicting her to enter cardiac arrest. She was taken to an space hospital and later died.
Burger's household posted a warning concerning the canisters on Instagram:
"Don't use this sort of utensil in your house! A number of tens of hundreds of faulty gadgets are nonetheless in circulation..."
60 Million Shoppers, a French client journal, mentioned defective connectors on the fuel capsules might break, launching a doubtlessly harmful projectile. The journal cited a number of accidents from the difficulty together with damaged tooth, a number of fractures and, in a single case, the lack of an individual’s eye.
Based on the report, canisters manufactured after 2015 seem like secure.
French authorities have been investigating the case to seek out out if a defective canister was in charge for Burger's premature loss of life. A French authorities workplace has issued a warning concerning the canisters, with some accidents stretching again to 2010.
Not less than one producer launched a recall, however solely about 25,000 out of 160,000 canisters have been returned.